miniPCR™ mini16 Portable PCR Thermal Cycler
1,290.00$ – 5,500.00$ CAD
Small and portable, mini16 fits right on your bench or travels wherever your science goes.
- The mini16 thermal cycler possesses the same footprint but twice the throughput as compared to the original mini8.
- miniPCR thermal cyclers are fully compatible with standard PCR tubes and all DNA Polymerases from TransGen Biotech.
- At CivicBio, we’ve even performed E.Coli competent cell transformation (heat shock), reverse transcription reactions, restriction digests and more!
- Backed by the miniPCR 1-year warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
mini16 : mini footprint, high PCR capacity on your bench or on the field!
miniPCR thermal cyclers are fully compatible with standard PCR tubes and all DNA Polymerases from TransGen Biotech.
Durable in your lab, the field, or classroom
- Successful Amplification of DNA aboard the International Space Station (Boguraev et al., NPJ Microgravity, 2017).
- Manufactured in the U.S.A by miniPCR – Amplyus
No Breakable Peltier Elements
Smart thermal cycling components rated to 490,000 hours’ use.
miniPCR™ is the trusted name in miniaturized PCR machines that revolutionized access to molecular biology.
Reliable in Labs and Classrooms
Easy, affordable, fast, and engaging.
Real-World Relevant Applications
Read real-world case studies by scientists and educators using miniPCR™.
In addition to being used on the international space station, miniPCR has been used for different applications
- Animal health: PCR on the farm: Raising healthy animals
- Agriculture: Using genetics to grow better truffles (TED version here)
- DIY Bio: Engaging with molecular biology at home
- STEM Education: Transforming biotech education in the classroom
- Forensics: Bringing DNA analysis closer to the evidence
- Human health: Malaria detection in Nigeria using miniPCR
- Human health: Combating Ebola in Sierra Leone
- Human health: PCR diagnostics for mosquito-borne infections
- Biodiversity: From snakes to DNA sequences in 24 hours
- Biodiversity: Studying lemur genomes in the Madagascar forest (Case study. Publication.)
- Biodiversity: Real-time DNA barcoding in a remote rainforest using nanopore sequencing (Full-text PDF)
- Molecular Ecology in the Austrian Alps (student-led Wolbachia research)
- Microbiology: Sequencing microbes on the ocean floor (NASA collaboration)
- Space biology: Enabling DNA sequencing in space (NASA collaboration)
- Space biology: First DNA amplification aboard International Space station (watch video)
- Space Biology: Announcing results of first PCR in microgravity
- Synthetic biology: Bioengineering on a simulated mission to Mars
- Research: miniPCR™ in academic research labs
Technical specifications of the mini16 Thermal Cycler from miniPCR
- Portable and durable
- Heated lid
- 16-well capacity (2 x 8 x 0.2 ml PCR tubes, strip-compatible)
- FLEX mode for full programming flexibility
- Touchdown PCR
- Full control via Windows, Mac, iPads, iPhones, or Android devices
- GLOBAL VOLTAGE compatible 90-264V
- Optional miniPCR Li-Ion Power Pack for full power autonomy (not included)
- Sample format: 16 x 0.2ml PCR tubes (8-strip compatible)
- Max Heating Ramp Rate: 3°C / sec
- Heated Lid: Independent lid heater up to 120°C, PID control
- Max Cooling Ramp Rate: 2°C / sec
- Program Sharing and Backup: Unlimited libraries, .plf file
- Temperature control: Resistive Heating; assisted cooling
- Device Connectivity: Dual USB and Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE)
- Programming Modes: PCR, Linear Ramp, Heat Block, and FLEX
- Control System: Embedded thermistors, adaptive PID algorithm
- Temperature Range: Ambient – 99°C
- Dimensions: 2″ x 5″ x 4″ (5.1 cm x 12.7 cm x 10.2 cm)
- Weight: 1 lb. (450 g) approx.
- Internal Memory: Stores programs in RAM memory
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60hz, 90W
- Battery: Optional Li-Ion miniPCR™ Power Pack
- Adjustable Lid: Compatible with flat or domed caps
Included with your mini16
- miniPCR power supply
- AC cord
- USB cable (Bluetooth enabled)
- Drawstring travel pouch
- miniPCR Apps
Broad compatibility via Bluetooth or USB connectivity
- Mac OS
- iOS (iPads and iPhones)
Chromebook users: visit mini8 thermal cycler.
Backed by the miniPCR 1-year warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
|Number of devices|
1 cycler, 5 cyclers
Specifications and pricing of commercially available Taq DNA Polymerases and High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases in Canada.
Published on Jan 30, 2017 by Simon Roy, Ph.D Detection Limit of High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases using Human gDNA for Template We previously determined the detection limit of different Taq DNA Polymerases using human genomic DNA as a template for PCR. For this instance,...
Which is the Best Kit for DNA Clean Up? Our aim was to perform a PCR Purification Kit Comparison from different vendors. At Civic Bioscience, we distribute the Favorprep™ and EasyPure® product lines from FAVORGEN and TransBionovo respectively. First, the FavorPrep™...