How I use the miniPCR machine to grow my biotech company and also contribute to life science research.miniPCR Review
The miniPCR and blueGel systems represent the core instruments involved in the assistance we provide to real scientists who conduct life science research in Canada. Both laboratory instruments were essential in solving dozens of problems that prospect customers were facing with DNA amplification by PCR. The miniPCR, blueGel and Transgen Biotech DNA Polymerases contribute to our success by enabling us to build trustful relationships with our customers and forge a unique aspect of our business identity.
Here is our Success Story.
miniPCR, the PCR Thermocycler for Everyone, Everywhere
- Sample format: 8 x 0.2ml PCR tubes (strip compatible)
- Max Heating Ramp Rate: 3.2°C / sec
- Heated Lid: Independent lid heater up to 120°C, PID controlMax
- Cooling Ramp Rate: 2.2°C / sec
- Program Sharing and Backup: Unlimited libraries, .plf file
- Temperature control: Resisitive Heating; Forced-Air cooling
- Control System: Embedded thermistors and PID algorithm
- Temperature Range: Ambient – 99°C
- Dimensions: 5.1 cm x 12.7 cm x 10.2 cm.
- Weight: 1 lb. (450 g) approx.
- Internal memory: Runs last stored program at power ON
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60hz, 70W
- Adjustable lid: Compatible with flat or domed caps
How our Relationship with the miniPCR began.
By the month of August 2015, the birth of Civic Bioscience then bloomed into reality; Transgen Biotech accepted to offer us distributorship in Canada and a few weeks later I bought what would become my preferred tool, the miniPCR and blueGel systems sold by Sebastian and his team at Amplyus LLC.
miniPCR helped us to create over 30 PCR Success Stories !
Now let’s jump backwards to my 2012-2014 career – when I used to work as Territory Manager for New England Biolabs Canada. Back then, I often came across customers/scientists that had difficulties with DNA amplification and PCR. One day, I had suggested to my former boss : ‘’Could I help my customers directly by performing PCR for them and solve their difficulties?’’. The answer from my boss was a firm NO.
Our Mission: Your Success!
In early 2016 when I received my miniPCR and blueGel system, I knew I had to be different from the many existing suppliers out there. After having incredibly good feedback for Transgen Biotech’s EasyTaq DNA Polymerase, I decided to do what no other company out there would even dare to do : solve PCR problems and optimize any PCR reaction that we could find.
Thanks to the miniPCR
our Biotech Company has Evolved
Civic Bioscience can currently provide PCR services such as DNA cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, mouse genotyping by PCR and 16S ribosomal DNA analysis. Using the miniPCR, we’ve now completed over 20 different paid projects for various customers who rely on our expertise for their PCR and cloning needs.
The reputation of the miniPCR thermocycler has gone far, very far.
Advantages of owning a miniPCR thermocycler
- Enabled us to solve customer problems.
- Works like magic when used with Transgen’s DNA Polymerases.
- Very robust, heavy duty and reliable.
- Can be used for at least 8 PCR runs per day.
- Portable instrument
- Controlled by computer or mobile device
Negative aspects about the miniPCR
- Low throughput (8 reactions per run)
- Noisy (venting system)