EasyTaq DNA Polymerase
EasyTaq DNA Polymerase is purified from E. coli expressing a cloned DNA polymerase from Thermus aquaticus. This exceptionally performant Taq DNA Polymerase variant consists of a single polypeptide with a molecular weight of approximately 94 kDa. This Taq DNA Polymerase has 5′-3′ DNA polymerase activity and 5′-3′ exonuclease activity. It lacks 3′-5′ exonuclease activity. EasyTaq® DNA Polymerase is suitable for routine PCR amplification.
Features of EasyTaq DNA Polymerase
- Exceptional performance: EasyTaq can detect DNA sequences that are impossible to amplify using Taq from other companies.
- The extension rate is about 1-2 kb/min.
- Template-independent “A” can be generated at the 3′ end of the PCR product, PCR products can be cloned into pEASY®-T vectors directly.
- Amplification of genomic DNA fragment up to 4 kb.
- Very low cost and ideal for genotyping.
- PCR products are unsuitable for PAGE.
- Available with or without 2.5 mM dNTPs for additional convenience.