Aldehyde dehydrogenase H1L1, ALDH1L1 Antibody – MCA-2E7
- Clonality : Mouse Monoclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD
Encor Mouse monoclonal to Aldehyde Dehydrogenase H1L1
Aldehyde dehydrogenases (ALDH) are a group of enzymes that catalyze oxidation (dehydrogenation) of aldehydes. To date, nineteen ALDH genes have been identified within the human genome. They belong to 15 families in ALDH superfamily. Among these, aldehyde dehydrogenase family 1, member 1 (ALDH1L1) catalyzes the conversion of 10-formyltetrahydrofolate, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP+), and water to tetrahydrofolate, NADPH, and carbon dioxide. ALDH1L1 expression is tissue-specific and is highly expressed in the liver, representing up to 1% of the total pool of soluble cell proteins in the mammalian liver (1).
In an earlier study, Cahoy et al. applied FACS (Fluorescent-Activated Cell Sorting) to isolate astrocytes from EGFP (Enhanced Green Fluorescent Protein) transgenic-mouse, then created a transcriptome database of the expression levels of 20,000 genes by gene profiling of neurons, astrocytes and oligodendrocytes using Affymetrix GeneChip Arrays (2). They identified ALDH1L1 as a highly and specifically expressed gene in astrocytes. ALDH1L1 is more widely expressed throughout the brains, while astrocyte marker GFAP shows more predominant expression in white matter. In addition, loss of function or expression of ALDH1L1 is associated with decreased apoptosis, increased cell motility, and cancer progression, suggesting its role as a biomarker and a target in cancer therapy (3,4,5).
Monoclonal antibody MCA-2E7 was raised against amino acids 402-902 of human ALDH1L1 expressed in and purified from E. coli. The HGNC name for this protein is ALDH1L1.
HGNC name(s) : ALDH1L1
Host : Mouse
Clonality : Monoclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology Aldehyde dehydrogenase H1L1, ALDH1L1 2E7
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgG1
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Recombinant aa 402-902 of human
Mass of detected protein : 100 kDa
Uniprot ID : O75891
KGNC name : ALDH1L1
RRID # : AB_2572220
Purification : Affinity purified at 1 mg/mL
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB: 1:5 000-1:10 000. IF/IHC: 1:2 000.
1. Kisliuk RL. Folate biochemistry in relation to antifolate selectivity. In:Jackman AL, editor. Antifolate drugs in cancer therapy. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press, p. 13-36 (1999). ISBN 0896035964.
2. Cahoy JD, Emery B, Kaushal A, et al. A transcriptome database for astrocytes, neurons, and oligodendrocytes: a new resource for understanding brain development and function. J Neurosci.28:264-78 (2008).
3. Krupenko SA, Oleinik NV. 10-formyltetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase, one of the major folate enzymes, is down-regulated in tumor tissues and possesses suppressor effects on cancer cells. Cell Growth Differ.13:227-36 (2002).
4. Rodriguez FJ, Giannini C, Asmann YW, et al. Gene expression profiling of NF-1-associated and sporadic pilocytic astrocytoma identifies aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 family member L1 (ALDH1L1) as an underexpressed candidate biomarker in aggressive subtypes. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 67:1194-204 (2008).
5．Oleinik NV, Krupenko NI, Krupenko SA. Epigenetic Silencing of ALDH1L1, a Metabolic Regulator of Cellular Proliferation, in Cancers. Genes Cancer. 2:130-9 (2011).
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul
Chicken, Cow, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat
WB, IHC, IF/ICC
Specifications and pricing of commercially available Taq DNA Polymerases and High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases in Canada.
Published on Jan 30, 2017 by Simon Roy, Ph.D Detection Limit of High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases using Human gDNA for Template We previously determined the detection limit of different Taq DNA Polymerases using human genomic DNA as a template for PCR. For this instance,...
Product Reviews for Aldehyde dehydrogenase H1L1, ALDH1L1 Antibody – MCA-2E7
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD