2′,3′-cyclic-nucleotide 3′-phosphodiesterase, CNP Antibody – CNP
- Clonality : Chicken Polyclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Rat | Mouse
310.00$ – 1,660.00$ CAD
Encor 2′,3′-cyclic-nucleotide 3′-phosphodiesterase, CNP Antibody – CPCA-CNP
The 2′, 3′-Cyclic Nucleotide 3′-Phosphodiesterase (CNP), is an enzyme which catalyzes the hydrolysis of 2′, 3′-cyclic nucleotides to 2′-nucleotides, These cyclic nucleotides are structurally different from the better known and studied 3′-5′-cyclic nucleotides of which the best known example is cyclic AMP. The CNP enzyme hydrolyzes 2′,3′-cyclic nucleosidephosphates to produce nucleoside 2′-phosphates and water. CNP has two isoforms, CNPase 1 (46kDa) and CNPase 2 (48kDa), which are encoded separately by different promoters of the same gene (1). This enzyme is present in very high levels in brain and peripheral nerve, makes up 4% of total CNS myelin protein. It is found almost exclusively in oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells. It appears early in oligodendrocyte development, earlier than most other myelin proteins and continues to be expressed at high levels in these cells of adult animals (2). Antibody to CNP has been very useful as a marker for these particular cell types. CNP is thought to play a critical role in the events leading up to myelination, for the oligodendrocytes overexpressing CNP appear to mature earlier in development, resulting in earlier maximum gene expression for myelin basic proteins (3). It has been reported that CNP is also associated with microtubules in brain tissue and may promote microtubule assembly. CNP can link tubulin to cellular membranes, and may regulate cytoplasmic microtubule distribution (4). In various diseases, neurological mutants, and in experimental conditions in which myelin is reduced, CNP levels may also be severely reduced. Decreased brain levels of CNP have also been reported in Down syndrome and Alzheimer’s disease (5)., , This antibody was raised against full length recombinant human CNP expressed in and purified from E. coli. The HGNC name for this protein is CNP.
HGNC name(s) : CNP
Host : Chicken
Clonality : Polyclonal
Reactivity : Human | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgY
Immunogen : Recombinant protein
Mass of detected protein : 48 kDa
Uniprot ID : P09543
KGNC name : CNP
RRID # : AB_2572249
Purification : Concentrated IgY preparation
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB:1:5 000-10 000, IF/IHC: 1:5 000-10 000
1. Janeway CA J, Travers P, Walport M et al. The complement system and innate immunity. Immunobiology: The Immune System in Health and Disease. 5th edition (2001).
2. Brade V, Hall RE, and Colten HR. Biosynthesis of pro-C3, a precursor of the third component of complement. J. Exp. Med. 146:759-765 (1977).
3. Xia Z, Stanhope KL, Digitale E, Simion OM, Chen L, Havel P, Cianflone K. Acylation-stimulating Protein (ASP)/Complement C3adesArg Deficiency Results in Increased Energy Expenditure in Mice* J Biol Chem. 279:4051-7 (2004) .
4. Maslowska M, Vu H, Phelis S, Sniderman AD, Rhode BM, Blank D, Cianflone K. “Plasma acylation stimulating protein, adipsin and lipids in non-obese and obese populations”. European Journal of Clinical Investigation 29:679–86.(1999)
5. Koistinen HA, Vidal H, Karonen SL, Dusserre E, Vallier P, Koivisto VA, Ebeling P. Plasma Acylation Stimulating Protein Concentration and Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue C3 mRNA Expression in Nondiabetic and Type 2 Diabetic Men”. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology 21(6):1034–9 (2001).
6. Cianflone K, Zhang XJ, Genest J Jr, Sniderman A. Plasma acylation-stimulating protein in coronary artery disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol.17:1239-44 (1997).
7. Wang Y, Hancock AM, Bradner J, Chung KA, Quinn JF, Peskind ER, Galasko D, Jankovic J, Zabetian CP, Kim HM, Leverenz JB, Montine TJ, Ginghina C, Edwards KL, Snapinn KW, Goldstein DS, Shi M, Zhang J. Complement 3 and Factor H in Human Cerebrospinal Fluid in Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Multiple-System Atrophy. The American Journal of Pathology, Vol. 178:1509-16 (2011)
Human, Mouse, Rat
WB, IHC, IF/ICC
2′,3′-cyclic-nucleotide 3′-phosphodiesterase, CNP Antibody – CPCA-CNP
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul
Ask a question about 2′,3′-cyclic-nucleotide 3′-phosphodiesterase, CNP Antibody – CNP
Product Reviews for 2′,3′-cyclic-nucleotide 3′-phosphodiesterase, CNP Antibody – CNP
More to Read
by Simon Roy | Sep 16th, 2019 | Latest News, Promotions | Promo code : civicbio4-50 1 per customer. Using this coupon will reduce Cashback Reward earning rate by 50%. Until Nov, 30th, 2019 Double your Cashback Rewards with any product purchase! + Cashback x1.5...
Which is the Best Kit for DNA Clean Up? Our aim was to perform a PCR Purification Kit Comparison from different vendors. At Civic Bioscience, we distribute the Favorprep™ and EasyPure® product lines from FAVORGEN and TransBionovo respectively. First, the FavorPrep™...
By purchasing any of TransBionovo's DNA Polymerase, you instantly benefit from our PCR Success Guarantee !
The Problem with Antibodies used for Research Antibodies used for Research in academic, industrial and therapeutic fields are universal reagents in molecular biology assays. Without them, the entire field of medical research could collapse. However, there are many...
GC-rich PCR: FastPfu FLY vs Q5® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase GC-rich PCR can be difficult to achieve Our aim was to verify compare FastPfu FLY (TransBionovo) and Q5 (NEB) high-fidelity DNA Polymerase at amplifying a GC-rich sequence (human ARX; 79% GC) from purified...
What's the Detection Limit of Taq ? How many DNA copies from gDNA? There are MANY Taq DNA Polymerases out there on the market. Some are driven by strong marketing and others by strong performance. Our aim was to verify the Detection Limit of Taq DNA Polymerases in PCR...
Experimental dates range : 2018-05 to 2018-10 Published : September 22nd, 2019 by Simon Roy, Ph.D Extremely variable GC composition found in a 2.1 kb genomic DNA sequence coding for exon 1, an intron and exon 2 of the human TWIST1 gene DNA...
A huge THANK YOU for your support! MERCI encore INFINIMENT de supporter notre jeune compagnie! by Simon Roy | September 16th, 2019 | Company Posts, Latest NewsPrices for services vary case by case. 4rth anniversary promotions are coming soon! Let's CELEBRATE...
DNA Polymerases | EasyTaq | FastPfu | PCR | PCR Purification | Taq DNA PolymeraseSave on the Products that MatterOur already popular 222$ DUO Miniprep + Gel/PCR Purification now allows you to choose 2 x 300rx minipreps or 2x 300rx Gel/PCR purification. Already...