Proteinase K (20 mg/ml) – GE201-01
Proteinase K (20 mg/ml)
Proteinase K is a nonspecific serine protease that will hydrolyze a variety of peptide bands. Proteinase K is active in a broad range of temperature and buffers. It cannot be inactivated by metal ions, chelating agents (e.g. EDTA), or detergents such as SDS.
Properties of Proteinase K
- Active in a wide range of buffers and pH value.
- Incubation temperature: 55-65 °C
- Incubation time: 15 minutes to 48 hours; optimal incubation time: 2 hours
- Included in most of our genomic DNA extraction kits and RNA extraction kits
- Purified from Tritirachium album
Applications using Proteinase K
- Preparation of DNA and RNA.
- Inactivation of RNase, DNase and enzymes.
- Isolation of genomic DNA.
- Isolation of RNA.
at -20 °C for one year
Manual and datasheet