TransZol is a ready-to-use reagent for the isolation of total RNA from cells and tissues. TransZol combines phenol and guanidine thiocyanate in a mono-phase solution to inhibit RNase. After lysis and centrifugation, RNA remains in the aqueous phase and others in the interphase or organic phase. RNA is precipitated by addition of isopropanol.
Advantages of using TransZol for RNA Extraction
- Isolate RNA from a variety of species: animal, plant, yeast, bacterial and virus (tissue: 50-100 mg; cell: 5x10E6).
- The whole procedure can be completed in one hour.
- Simultaneous isolation of RNA, DNA and protein from the same sample.
- Pink solution for easy visualizing different phases.
- Intermediary phase is more stable than competing products.
- Unique dissolving solution for long-term RNA storage.