Trans1-T1 Phage Chemically Competent Cell (fast growth)
Trans1-T1 Phage Resistant Chemically Competent Cell is specifically designed for chemical transformation of DNA. They are the fastest growing chemically competent cells currently available, offering a doubling time of approximately 50 minutes. Trans1-T1 colonies are visible within 8 hours of plating, enabling you to plate and pick colonies the same day. Perform minipreps after only 4 hours of growth from an overnight colony – For optimal plasmid DNA yield, use ArtMedia Plasmid Culture media. These cells can save you an entire day of work!
Characteristics of Trans1-T1 Phage Resistant Competent Cells
- Minimal non-specific recombination in your cloned DNA plasmid (recA-).
- Clean preparations of DNA and better results due to the elimination of Endonuclease I (endA1).
- Fast-growth, colonies are visible in 8~9 hours.
- Resistance to T1 and T5 phage (tonA).
- Efficient transformation of unmethylated DNA from PCR amplifications.
- High transformation efficiency: > 10ˆ9 cfu/μg (pUC19 DNA).
- Blue/white selection.
Genotype of MACH1-T1® and Trans1-T1 E.Coli Competent Cells
F- φ80(lacZ)ΔM15 ΔlacX74 hsdR(rK-, mK+) ΔrecA1398 endA1 tonA