Peripherin Antibody – RPCA-Peri
- Clonality : Rabbit Polyclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD
Encor Rabbit Polyclonal to Peripherin, PRPH
Peripherin is a ~57 kDa intermediate filament subunit found initially in sensory neurons of the peripheral nervous systems, which gives the protein its name (1). Subsequently, peripherin was found in some sensory and other neurons of the central nervous system and also in rat pheochromacytoma PC12 cells (2,3). Peripherin is also expressed in certain neuroendocrine tumors and in the insulin producing cells of the pancreas. Peripherin belongs to the Class III family of intermediate filament subunits which also includes vimentin, glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) and desmin.
Antibodies to peripherin can be used in identifying, classifying, and studying neurons throughout the nervous system. Peripherin is also a good diagnostic marker for ballooned axons seen in Lou Gehrig’s disease (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and some neuronally derived tumors. Autoantibodies to peripherin are frequently seen in the sera of patients with diabetes. Peripherin is not related to peripherin/RDS, (PRPH2) a protein of the photoreceptor outer membrane mutations of which are causative of certain forms of slow retinal degeneration.
The characterization of an antibody produced in the same way as RPCA-Peri has been published (4). The HGNC name for this protein is PRPH.
HGNC name(s) : PRPH
Host : Rabbit
Clonality : Polyclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology Peripherin Peri
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgG
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Recombinant full length rat
Mass of detected protein : 57 kDa
Uniprot ID : P23942
KGNC name : PRPH
RRID # : AB_2572375
Purification : Serum
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB: 1:1000-1:2 000. ICC/IF and IHC: 1:2 000.
1. Portier MM, de Néchaud B, Gros F. Peripherin, a new member of the intermediate filament protein family. Dev Neurosci. 6:335-44 (1984)
2. Troy CM, Brown K, Greene LA, Shelanski ML. Ontogeny of the neuronal intermediate filament protein, peripherin, in the mouse embryo. Neuroscience 36:217-37 (1990).
3. Aletta JM, Angeletti R, Liem RK, Purcell C, Shelanski ML, Greene LA. Relationship between the nerve growth factor-regulated clone 73 gene product and the 58-kilodalton neuronal intermediate filament protein (peripherin). J. Neurochem 51:1317-20 (1988).
4. Errante LD, Wiche G and Shaw G. Distribution of plectin, an intermediate filament-associated protein, in the adult rat central nervous system J. Neurosci. Res. 37:515-528 (1994).
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul
Specifications and pricing of commercially available Taq DNA Polymerases and High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases in Canada.
Published on Jan 30, 2017 by Simon Roy, Ph.D Detection Limit of High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases using Human gDNA for Template We previously determined the detection limit of different Taq DNA Polymerases using human genomic DNA as a template for PCR. For this instance,...
Product Reviews for Peripherin Antibody – RPCA-Peri
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD