Peripherin Antibody – CPCA-Peri
- Clonality : Chicken Polyclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
310.00$ – 1,660.00$ CAD
0 in stock (expect 7-14 days for delivery)
Encor Chicken polyclonal to Peripherin, PRPH
Peripherin is a ~57kDa intermediate filament subunit found initially in sensory neurons of the peripheral nervous systems, which gives the protein its name (1). Subsequently, peripherin was found in some sensory and other neurons of the central nervous system and also in rat pheochromacytoma PC12 cells (2,3). Peripherin is also expressed in certain neuroendocrine tumors and in the insulin producing cells of the pancreas. Peripherin belongs to the Class III family of intermediate filament subunits which also includes vimentin, glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) and desmin.
Antibodies to peripherin can be used in identifying, classifying, and studying neurons throughout the nervous system. Peripherin is also a good diagnostic marker for ballooned axons seen in Lou Gehrig’s disease (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and some neuronally derived tumors. Autoantibodies to peripherin are frequently seen in the sera of patients with diabetes. Peripherin is not related to peripherin/RDS,(PRPH2) a protein of the photoreceptor outer membrane mutations of which are causative of certain forms of slow retinal degeneration.
The characterization of an antibody produced in the same way as CPCA-Peri, but in rabbit, has been published (4). The HGNC name for this protein is PRPH.
This antibody was generated in chicken by standard procedures and immunoglobulin was extracted from egg yolk. The resulting polyclonal antibody belongs to the IgY subclass. This is the chicken homologue of mammalian IgG and can be used in the same general way, with the caveat that this type of antibody does not bind either Protein A or Protein G. The IgY total concentration is 26 mg/mL
HGNC name(s) : PRPH
Host : Chicken
Clonality : Polyclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology Peripherin Peri
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgY
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Recombinant full length rat
Mass of detected protein : 57 kDa
Uniprot ID : P23942
KGNC name : PRPH
RRID # : AB_2284443
Purification : Concentrated IgY preparation
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB: 1:20 000. ICC/IF and IHC: 1:2 000.
1. Portier MM, de Néchaud B, Gros F. Peripherin, a new member of the intermediate filament protein family. Dev Neurosci. 6:335-44 (1984)
2. Troy CM, Brown K, Greene LA, Shelanski ML. Ontogeny of the neuronal intermediate filament protein, peripherin, in the mouse embryo. Neuroscience 36:217-37 (1990).
3. Aletta JM, Angeletti R, Liem RK, Purcell C, Shelanski ML, Greene LA. Relationship between the nerve growth factor-regulated clone 73 gene product and the 58-kilodalton neuronal intermediate filament protein (peripherin). J. Neurochem 51:1317-20 (1988).
4. Errante LD, Wiche G and Shaw G. Distribution of plectin, an intermediate filament-associated protein, in the adult rat central nervous system J. Neurosci. Res. 37:515-528 (1994).
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul