MMP2 Antibody – RPCA-MMP2
- Clonality : Rabbit Polyclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
310.00$ – 1,660.00$ CAD
0 in stock (expect 7-14 days for delivery)
Encor Rabbit Polyclonal to activated Metalloproteinase-2 (MMP2)
Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP2) (gelatinase A, 72kDa gelatinase, 72kDa type IV collagenase), a member of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) enzyme family, is involved in the breakdown of extracellular matrix in normal physiological processes, such as embryonic development, reproduction, and tissue remodeling, as well as in disease processes, such as arthritis and metastasis. MMP2 degrades type IV collagen, the major structural component of basement membranes. The enzyme plays a role in endometrial menstrual breakdown, regulation of vascularization and the inflammatory response. Mutations in this gene have been associated with Winchester syndrome, Torg syndrome and nodulosis-arthropathy-osteolysis syndrome. MMP2 is secreted as an inactive proenzyme/zymogen which is activated when cleaved by extracellular proteinases. The proform has a molecular weight of 72kDa and the active form 62kDa. A C-terminus peptide (aa. 475-490) was selected which is highly conserved and unique to MMP2, and is present in both pro- and active forms. The peptide was conjugated to KLH and use to immunize rabbits. The hyperimmune serum was affinity purified on a peptide-coupled sepharose column. The purified immunoglobulin recognizes 72 kDa and 66 kDa bands corresponding to MMP2 on Western immunoblots. Some tissue extracts also show MMP2 complexes and degradation products. Polyclonal MMP2/475 antibody immunostains MMP2 specifically in various tissue preparations including paraffin sections. This antibody has been marketed for many years by other companies and is now produced by EnCor Biotechnology Inc. The HGNC name for this protein is MMP2.
HGNC name(s) : MMP2
Host : Rabbit
Clonality : Polyclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology MMP2 MMP2
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgG
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Synthetic peptide from aa 475-490 of human protein
Mass of detected protein : 66 and 72 kDa
Uniprot ID : P08253
KGNC name : MMP2
RRID # : AB_2572344
Purification : Affinity purified at 1 mg/mL
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB: 1:10 000. IF/ICC and IHC: 1:500-1:1 000.
1. Collier, I. E., Wilhelm, S. M., Eisen, A. Z., Marmer, B. L., Grant, G. A., Seltzer, J. L., Kronberger, A., He, C. S., Bauer, E. A., and Goldberg, G. I. H-ras oncogene-transformed human bronchial epithelial cells (TBE-1) secrete a single metalloprotease capable of degrading basement membrane collagen. J. Biol. Chem. 263:6579-6587 (1988).
2. C. Krekoski, D. Neubauer, J.B. Graham D. Muir. Metalloproteinase-dependent predegeneration in vitro enhances axonal regeneration within acellular peripheral nerve grafts. J. Neuroscience 22:10408-10415 (2002).
3. D. Muir. Differences in proliferation and invasion by normal, transformed and NF1 Schwann cell cultures are influenced by matrix metalloproteinase expression. Clinical and Experimental Metastasis 13:303-314 (1995).
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul