Microtubule Associated Protein 2, MAP2A/B Antibody – CPCA-MAP2
- Clonality : Chicken Polyclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
310.00$ – 1,660.00$ CAD
0 in stock (expect 7-14 days for delivery)
Chicken Polyclonal to Microtubule Associated Protein 2, MAP2
Microtubules are 25nm diameter protein rods found in most kinds of eukarytic cells. They are polymerized from a dimeric subunit made of one α-subunit and one β-tubulin subunit. Microtubules are associated with a family of proteins called microtubule associated proteins (MAPs), which includes the protein t (tau) and a group of proteins referred to as MAP1, MAP2, MAP3, MAP4 and MAP5. MAP2 is made up of two ~280kDa apparent molecular weight bands referred to as MAP2a and MAP2b. A third lower molecular weight form, usually called MAP2c, corresponds to a pair of protein bands running at ~70kDa on SDS-PAGE gels.
All these MAP2 forms are derived from a single gene by alternate transcription, and all share a C-terminal sequence which includes either three or four microtubule binding peptide sequences, which are very similar to those found in the related microtubule binding protein t (tau).
MAP2 isoforms are expressed only in neuronal cells and specifically in the perikarya and dendrites of these cells. Antibodies to MAP2 are therefore excellent markers on neuronal cells, their perikarya and neuronal dendrites. In contrast t (tau) is found predominantly in neuronal axons. The immunogen for this antibody is comprised of three protein constructs spanning the projection domain of MAP2 (amino acids 377-1505 of the human sequence), specifically our products Prot-r-MAP2-P1, Prot-r-MAP2-P2 and Prot-r-MAP2-P3. The HGNC name for this protein is MAP2.
HGNC name(s) : MAP2
Host : Chicken
Clonality : Polyclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology Microtubule Associated Protein 2, MAP2 MAP2
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgY
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Full length bovine
Mass of detected protein : 280 kDa
Uniprot ID : P11137
KGNC name : MAP2
RRID # : AB_2138173
Purification : Concentrated IgY preparation
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB: 1:20 000. IF/ICC and IHC: 1:10 000-1:20 000.
1. Goetz AK, Scheffler B, Chen HX, Wang S, Suslov O, Xiang H, Brüstle O, Roper SN, Steindler DA. Temporally restricted substrate interactions direct fate and specification of neural precursors derived from embryonic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 103:11063-11068 (2006).
2. Walton NM, Snyder GE, Park D, Kobeissy F, Scheffler B, Steindler DA. Gliotypic neural stem cells transiently adopt tumorigenic properties during normal differentiation. Stem Cells 27:280-289 (2009).
50 ul, 25 ul, 250 ul
Chicken, Cow, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat
WB, IHC, IF/ICC