Heat shock protein 60, HSP60 Antibody – MCA-1C7
- Clonality : Mouse Monoclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
310.00$ – 1,660.00$ CAD
0 in stock (expect 7-14 days for delivery)
Encor Mouse Monoclonal to Heat shock protein 60
The heat shock proteins were discovered, as the name suggests, since they are heavily upregulated when cells are stressed by temperatures above the normal physiological range. They are expressed in unstressed cells also and have a normal function as chaperones, helping other proteins to fold correctly, and are required in much greater amounts if the cell or tissue is stressed by heat. The increased levels are generated transcriptionally under the influence of a powerful transcription factor, the heat shock factor 1 (HSF1).
The different heat shock proteins were originally named based on their SDS-PAGE mobility, so HSP60 has an apparent molecular weight of 60 kDa. It is an abundant protein in mitochondria and is typically responsible for the transportation and refolding of proteins from the cytoplasm into the mitochondrial matrix. HSP60 aids in the folding and conformation maintenance of approximately 15-30% of all cellular proteins (1). In addition to its role as a heat shock protein, HSP60 plays an important role in the transport and maintenance of mitochondrial proteins as well as the transmission and replication of mitochondrial DNA (2, 3). HSP60 has been implicated in the initiation and/or progression of some subtypes of Cardiovascular Disease (CVD), implying its potential as a biomarker with applications for diagnosis, assessing prognosis and response to treatment, as well as for preventing and treating CVD (4). The HGNC name for this protein is HSPD1.
HGNC name(s) : HSBD1
Host : Mouse
Clonality : Monoclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology Heat shock protein 60, HSP60 1C7
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgG1
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Recombinant full length human
Mass of detected protein : 60 kDa
Uniprot ID :
KGNC name : HSBD1
Purification : Affinity purified at 1 mg/mL
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB: 1:1 000-5:000. ICC/IF and IHC: 1:1 000-5 000.
1. Radford JC, Coates AR, Henderson B. Chaperonins are cell-signalling proteins: the unfolding biology of molecular chaperones. Expert Rev Mol Med 2:1–17 (2000).
2. Koll H, Guiard B, Rassow J, Ostermann J, Horwich AL, Neupert W, Hartl FU. Antifolding activity of hsp60 couples protein import into the mitochondrial matrix with export to the intermembrane space. Cell 68:1163–75 (1992).
3. Kaufman BA. Kolesar JE, Perlman PS, Butow RA. A function for the mitochondrial chaperonin Hsp60 in the structure and transmission of mitochondrial DNA nucleoids in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.J Cell Biol 163:457-61(2003).
4: Rizzo M, Macario AJ, de Macario EC, Gouni-Berthold I, Berthold HK, Rini GB, Zummo G, Cappello F. Heat shock protein-60 and risk for cardiovascular disease. Curr Pharm Des 17:3662-8 (2011).
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul