GelStain – GS101
GelStain is the perfect and safe alternative to ethidium bromide staining of DNA or RNA during agarose el electrophoresis. It is a sensitive, stable and safe staining reagent for DNA/RNA. This DNA/RNA stain uses the same wavelength as ethidium bromide (EtBr), and it is more sensitive than EtBr.
Advantages of using GelStain
- No toxicity: made of a unique mixture of hydrophobic macromolecules. GelStain does not penetrate cell membranes.
- High sensitivity: provides high sensitivity, detecting low amounts of DNA or RNA (10-20 ng).
- Exceptional stability: can be heated or microwaved.
- Signal to noise ratio: strong fluorescent signal from samples, weak from background.
- Like EtBr, GS101 can be used before electrophoresis or after electrophoresis. No destaining is needed.
- No optical setting change: standard EB filter and SYBR filter can be used.
10,000x (can be used at 1x or 0.5x final concentration)
Excitation Wavelenght spectrum
Emission Wavelenght spectrum
at 4°C in the dark for one year
Manual and datasheet:
Specifications and pricing of commercially available Taq DNA Polymerases and High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases in Canada.
Published on Jan 30, 2017 by Simon Roy, Ph.D Detection Limit of High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases using Human gDNA for Template We previously determined the detection limit of different Taq DNA Polymerases using human genomic DNA as a template for PCR. For this instance,...
Product Reviews for GelStain – GS101