Galectin 3 Antibody – MCA-5C21
- Clonality : Mouse Monoclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Rat | Mouse
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD
Encor Mouse Monoclonal to Galectin-3
This protein has several names including macrophage galactose-specific lectin or MAC2, galactoside-binding protein or GALBP, or Galectin 3 or Gal 3. It is a highly conserved molecule about 30 kDa in size.
Galectin 3 is a member of a multigene family of 15 vertebrate lectins all of which share one or in some cases two “carbohydrate recognition domains” (CRD) which bind to β-galactoside, a sugar moiety found on many cell surface proteins (1). Gal-3 is unusual in that it also includes, at the N terminus, multiple proline, tyrosine and glycine rich repeats which allows this molecule to oligomerize, so allowing high avidity binding to β-galactoside.
Gal-3 is a multifunctional protein which is expressed both on the cell surface, cytoplasm and nucleus, and which appears to function both in specific carbohydrate binding and in the regulation of mRNA splicing (1,2). Much evidence suggests that Gal-3 has an important role in the regulation of inflammatory responses and fibrogenesis (3). The HGNC name for this protein is LGALS3.
HGNC name(s) : LGALS3
Host : Mouse
Clonality : Monoclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology Galectin 3 5C21
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgG1
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Recombinant full length human
Mass of detected protein : 30 kDa
Uniprot ID : P17931
KGNC name : LGALS3
RRID # : AB_2572283
Purification : Affinity purified at 1 mg/mL
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB:1:5 000. ICC/IF and IHC: 1:2 000 .
1. Haudek, K. C., Patterson, R. J., Wang, J. L. SR proteins and galectins: what’s in a name? Glycobiology 20:1199-1207 (2011).
2. Haudek, K. C., Spronk, K. J., Voss, P. G., Patterson, R. J., Wang, J. L., Arnoys, E. J. Dynamics of galectin-3 in the nucleus and cytoplasm. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1800:181-189 (2011).
3. Henderson, N. C., Sethi, T. The regulation of inflammation by galectin-3. Immunological Reviews 230:160-171 (2009).
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul
Specifications and pricing of commercially available Taq DNA Polymerases and High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases in Canada.
Published on Jan 30, 2017 by Simon Roy, Ph.D Detection Limit of High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases using Human gDNA for Template We previously determined the detection limit of different Taq DNA Polymerases using human genomic DNA as a template for PCR. For this instance,...
Product Reviews for Galectin 3 Antibody – MCA-5C21
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD