Aurora A/B/C Kinase Antibody – MCA-4A7
- Clonality : Mouse Monoclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD
Encor Mouse Monoclonal to Aurora A/B/C kinase.
Aurora proteins are a family of serine/threonine protein kinases that play a key role in the regulation of cell division. The first Aurora kinase was discovered in Drosophila (1). Mutations of this kinase cause monopolar spindles surrounded by kinase, and the appearance of this was reminiscent of the Aurora borealis at the poles of the earth (1). Mammalian genomes encode 3 Aurora kinases named Aurora A, Aurora B, and Aurora C. All 3 contain a regulatory domain at the N terminus which is quite different between the molecules followed by a catalytic serine/threonine kinase domain which is almost identical between them. To download a sequence alignment of the 3 human Aurora proteins go here. As a consequence antibodies raised against one Aurora family member frequently cross-react with other family members. There is a short C-terminal peptide which is also variable between the three molecules (2). Aurora A is required for centrosome duplication, entry into mitosis, formation of bipolar spindle and mitotic checkpoint (3). Aurora B is a chromosomal passenger protein and essential for chromosome condensation, kinetochore functions, spindle checkpoint activation and cytokinesis completion (4). Aurora C is heavily expressed in testis and is involved in spermatogenesis, but is also expressed in many cell lines and cancer cells and has been less well studied to date (5). Aurora A is first associated with centrosomes and then with spindle microtubules whereas Aurora B localizes to the spinal midzone and finally accumulates at the midbody. Aurora C is localized to centrosomes and midbodies , like Aurora A and Aurora B (6,7). Although MCA-4A7 was raised against full length recombinant human aurora C expressed in and purified from E. coli, it was shown to react with all three aurora kinase (Blot image). The HGNC names for Aurora A, B and C are AURKA, AURKB and AURKC.
HGNC name(s) : AURKA
Host : Mouse
Clonality : Monoclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology Aurora A/B/C Kinase 4A7
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgG1
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Recombinant full length human
Mass of detected protein : 46 kDa, 38 kDa, 35 kDa
Uniprot ID : O14965, Q96GD4, Q9UQB9
KGNC name : AURKA
RRID # : AB_2572232
Purification : Affinity purified at 1 mg/mL
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB: 1:1 000.
ICC/IF or IHC: 1:1 000-1:2 000.
1. Glover DM, Leibowitz MH, McLean DA, Parry H. Mutations in aurora prevent centrosome separation leading to the formation of monopolar spindles. Cell 81:95-105 (1995).
2. Hochegger H, Hegarat N, Pereira-Leal JB. Aurora at the pole and equator: overlapping functions of Aurora kinases in the mitotic spindle. Open Biol. Mar 20,3(3):120185 (2013).
3. Barr AR, Gergely F. Aurora-A: the maker and breaker of spindle poles. J Cell Sci.120:2987-96 (2007).
4. Andrew PD, Knatko E, Moore WJ, Swedlow JR. Mitotic mechanics: the auroras come into view. Curr Opin Cell Biol.15(6):672-83 (2003).
5. Tang CJ, Lin CY, Tang TK. Dynamic localization and functional implications of Aurora-C kinase during male mouse meiosis. Dev Biol. 290(2):398-410 (2006).
6. Dutertre S, Hamard-Péron E, Cremet JY, Thomas Y, Prigent C. The absence of p53 aggravates polyploidy and centrosome number abnormality induced by Aurora-C overexpression. Cell Cycle. Dec,4(12):1783-7 (2005).
7.Kimura M, Matsuda Y, Yoshioka T, Okano Y. Cell cycle-dependent expression and centrosome localization of a third human aurora/Ipl1-related protein kinase, AIK3. J Biol Chem. 274(11):7334-40 (1999).
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul
Chicken, Cow, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat
WB, IHC, IF/ICC
Specifications and pricing of commercially available Taq DNA Polymerases and High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases in Canada.
Published on Jan 30, 2017 by Simon Roy, Ph.D Detection Limit of High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases using Human gDNA for Template We previously determined the detection limit of different Taq DNA Polymerases using human genomic DNA as a template for PCR. For this instance,...
Product Reviews for Aurora A/B/C Kinase Antibody – MCA-4A7
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD