Aldolase A/B/C Antibody – MCA-E9
- Clonality : Mouse Monoclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
310.00$ – 1,660.00$ CAD
Encor Mouse Monoclonal to Aldolase A, B, C
Aldolases are glycolytic enzymes that catalyze the reversible aldol cleavage of fructose 1,6-bisphosphate and fructose-1-phosphate to dihydroxyacetone phosphate and either glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate or glyceraldehyde, respectively. Three aldolase isozymes are found in mammals specifically aldolases A, B, and C, each of which is encoded by a separate gene.
Aldolase A is generally considered to be a muscle enzyme. Northern analysis of cultured cells suggests that it is present in both neurons and glia (1). Aldolase B is considered to be a liver-specific enzyme and it is transcriptionally activated by signals from hormones and dietary factors (2). In the adult, aldolase C is the brain-specific isozyme, with low but detectable activity in fetal tissues (1, 3-6). Aldolase C shares 81% amino acid identity with aldolase A and 70% identity with aldolase B.
Earlier studies using isozyme-specific antibodies report its location in gray matter astrocytes and cells of the pia mater (5, 8). In situ hybridization of mouse central nervous system using isozyme-specific probes revealed that aldolase A and C are expressed in complementary cell types: aldolase A mRNA is found in neurons, aldolase C message is detected in astrocytes, some cells of the pia mater, and Purkinje cells (9). Aldolase C can in some situations be used as an astrocyte marker. However Purkinje cells of the cerebellum contain high levels of the enzyme, so the enzyme is not totally astrocyte specific.
MCA-E9 was t raised against full length recombinant human Aldolase C protein expressed and purified from E. coli. The HGNC name for this protein is ALDOC.
HGNC name(s) : ALDOC
Host : Mouse
Clonality : Monoclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology Aldolase A/B/C E9
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgG1
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Full length recombinant human Aldolase C
Mass of detected protein : 40 kDa
Uniprot ID : P09972
KGNC name : ALDOC
RRID # : AB_2572223
Purification : Affinity purified at 1 mg/mL
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB: 1:10 000. IF/ICC or IHC: 1:1 000-1:5 000.
1. Popovici T, Berwald-Netter Y, Vibert M, Kahn A, Skala H. Localization of aldolase C mRNA in brain cells. FEBS Lett. 268, 189-193 (1990).
2. Weber A, Marie J, Cottereau D, Simon M, Besmond C, Dreyfus J. & Kahn A. Dietary Control of Aldolase B and L-type Pyruvate Kinamse RNAs in Rat.Â J. Biol. Chem 259, 1798-1802 (1984).
3. Mukai T, Yatsuki H, Masuko S, Arai Y, Joh K & Hori K. The structure of the brain-specific rat aldolase C gene and its regional expression. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 174, 1035-1042 (1991).
4. Royds J, Ironside J, Warnaar S, Taylor C & Timperle W. Monoclonal antibody to aldolase C: a selective marker for Purkinje cells in the human cerebellum. Neuropathol. Appl. Neurobiol. 13, 11-21(1987).
5. Thompson R., Kynoch P. Willson V. Cellular localization of aldolase C subunits in human brain. Brain Res. 232, 489-493 (1982).
6. Schapira F, Reuber M, Hatzfeld A. Resurgence of two fetal-type of aldolases (A and C) in some fast-growing hepatomas. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 40, 321-327(1970).
7. Arai Y, Kajihara S, Masuda J, Ohishi S, Zen K, Ogata J. Mukai T. Position-independent, high-level, and correct regional expression of the rat aldolase C gene in the central nervous system of transgenic mice. Eur. J. Biochem. 221, 253-260 (1994).
8. Wachsmuth E, Thorner M. & Pfleiderer G. The cellular distribution of aldolase isozymes in rat kidney and brain determined in tissue sections by the immuno-histochemical method. Histochemistry, 45, 143-161 (1975).
9. Walther EU, Dichgans M, Maricich SM, Romito RR, Yang F, Dziennis S, Zackson S, Hawkes R, Herrup K. Genomic sequences of aldolase C (Zebrin II) direct lacZ expression exclusively in non-neuronal cells of transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. Mar 3,95(5):2615-20(1998).
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul
Ask a question about Aldolase A/B/C Antibody – MCA-E9
Product Reviews for Aldolase A/B/C Antibody – MCA-E9
More to Read
by Simon Roy | Sep 16th, 2019 | Latest News, Promotions | Promo code : civicbio4-50 1 per customer. Using this coupon will reduce Cashback Reward earning rate by 50%. Until Nov, 30th, 2019 Double your Cashback Rewards with any product purchase! + Cashback x1.5...
Which is the Best Kit for DNA Clean Up? Our aim was to perform a PCR Purification Kit Comparison from different vendors. At Civic Bioscience, we distribute the Favorprep™ and EasyPure® product lines from FAVORGEN and TransBionovo respectively. First, the FavorPrep™...
By purchasing any of TransBionovo's DNA Polymerase, you instantly benefit from our PCR Success Guarantee !
The Problem with Antibodies used for Research Antibodies used for Research in academic, industrial and therapeutic fields are universal reagents in molecular biology assays. Without them, the entire field of medical research could collapse. However, there are many...
GC-rich PCR: FastPfu FLY vs Q5® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase GC-rich PCR can be difficult to achieve Our aim was to verify compare FastPfu FLY (TransBionovo) and Q5 (NEB) high-fidelity DNA Polymerase at amplifying a GC-rich sequence (human ARX; 79% GC) from purified...
What's the Detection Limit of Taq ? How many DNA copies from gDNA? There are MANY Taq DNA Polymerases out there on the market. Some are driven by strong marketing and others by strong performance. Our aim was to verify the Detection Limit of Taq DNA Polymerases in PCR...
Experimental dates range : 2018-05 to 2018-10 Published : September 22nd, 2019 by Simon Roy, Ph.D Extremely variable GC composition found in a 2.1 kb genomic DNA sequence coding for exon 1, an intron and exon 2 of the human TWIST1 gene DNA...
A huge THANK YOU for your support! MERCI encore INFINIMENT de supporter notre jeune compagnie! by Simon Roy | September 16th, 2019 | Company Posts, Latest NewsPrices for services vary case by case. 4rth anniversary promotions are coming soon! Let's CELEBRATE...
DNA Polymerases | EasyTaq | FastPfu | PCR | PCR Purification | Taq DNA PolymeraseSave on the Products that MatterOur already popular 222$ DUO Miniprep + Gel/PCR Purification now allows you to choose 2 x 300rx minipreps or 2x 300rx Gel/PCR purification. Already...