Aldolase A/B/C Antibody – MCA-E9
- Clonality : Mouse Monoclonal
- Applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
- Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD
Encor Mouse Monoclonal to Aldolase A, B, C
Aldolases are glycolytic enzymes that catalyze the reversible aldol cleavage of fructose 1,6-bisphosphate and fructose-1-phosphate to dihydroxyacetone phosphate and either glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate or glyceraldehyde, respectively. Three aldolase isozymes are found in mammals specifically aldolases A, B, and C, each of which is encoded by a separate gene.
Aldolase A is generally considered to be a muscle enzyme. Northern analysis of cultured cells suggests that it is present in both neurons and glia (1). Aldolase B is considered to be a liver-specific enzyme and it is transcriptionally activated by signals from hormones and dietary factors (2). In the adult, aldolase C is the brain-specific isozyme, with low but detectable activity in fetal tissues (1, 3-6). Aldolase C shares 81% amino acid identity with aldolase A and 70% identity with aldolase B.
Earlier studies using isozyme-specific antibodies report its location in gray matter astrocytes and cells of the pia mater (5, 8). In situ hybridization of mouse central nervous system using isozyme-specific probes revealed that aldolase A and C are expressed in complementary cell types: aldolase A mRNA is found in neurons, aldolase C message is detected in astrocytes, some cells of the pia mater, and Purkinje cells (9). Aldolase C can in some situations be used as an astrocyte marker. However Purkinje cells of the cerebellum contain high levels of the enzyme, so the enzyme is not totally astrocyte specific.
MCA-E9 was t raised against full length recombinant human Aldolase C protein expressed and purified from E. coli. The HGNC name for this protein is ALDOC.
HGNC name(s) : ALDOC
Host : Mouse
Clonality : Monoclonal
ID : EnCor Biotechnology Aldolase A/B/C E9
Reactivity : Human | Horse | Cow | Pig | Chicken | Rat | Mouse
Isotype : IgG1
Conjugation : none
Immunogen : Full length recombinant human Aldolase C
Mass of detected protein : 40 kDa
Uniprot ID : P09972
KGNC name : ALDOC
RRID # : AB_2572223
Purification : Affinity purified at 1 mg/mL
Storage : Shipped on ice. Store at 4°C. For long term storage, leave frozen at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Validated applications : WB | IF/ICC | IHC
WB: 1:10 000. IF/ICC or IHC: 1:1 000-1:5 000.
1. Popovici T, Berwald-Netter Y, Vibert M, Kahn A, Skala H. Localization of aldolase C mRNA in brain cells. FEBS Lett. 268, 189-193 (1990).
2. Weber A, Marie J, Cottereau D, Simon M, Besmond C, Dreyfus J. & Kahn A. Dietary Control of Aldolase B and L-type Pyruvate Kinamse RNAs in Rat.Â J. Biol. Chem 259, 1798-1802 (1984).
3. Mukai T, Yatsuki H, Masuko S, Arai Y, Joh K & Hori K. The structure of the brain-specific rat aldolase C gene and its regional expression. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 174, 1035-1042 (1991).
4. Royds J, Ironside J, Warnaar S, Taylor C & Timperle W. Monoclonal antibody to aldolase C: a selective marker for Purkinje cells in the human cerebellum. Neuropathol. Appl. Neurobiol. 13, 11-21(1987).
5. Thompson R., Kynoch P. Willson V. Cellular localization of aldolase C subunits in human brain. Brain Res. 232, 489-493 (1982).
6. Schapira F, Reuber M, Hatzfeld A. Resurgence of two fetal-type of aldolases (A and C) in some fast-growing hepatomas. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 40, 321-327(1970).
7. Arai Y, Kajihara S, Masuda J, Ohishi S, Zen K, Ogata J. Mukai T. Position-independent, high-level, and correct regional expression of the rat aldolase C gene in the central nervous system of transgenic mice. Eur. J. Biochem. 221, 253-260 (1994).
8. Wachsmuth E, Thorner M. & Pfleiderer G. The cellular distribution of aldolase isozymes in rat kidney and brain determined in tissue sections by the immuno-histochemical method. Histochemistry, 45, 143-161 (1975).
9. Walther EU, Dichgans M, Maricich SM, Romito RR, Yang F, Dziennis S, Zackson S, Hawkes R, Herrup K. Genomic sequences of aldolase C (Zebrin II) direct lacZ expression exclusively in non-neuronal cells of transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. Mar 3,95(5):2615-20(1998).
50 ul, 100 ul, 500 ul
Specifications and pricing of commercially available Taq DNA Polymerases and High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases in Canada.
Published on Jan 30, 2017 by Simon Roy, Ph.D Detection Limit of High-Fidelity DNA Polymerases using Human gDNA for Template We previously determined the detection limit of different Taq DNA Polymerases using human genomic DNA as a template for PCR. For this instance,...
Product Reviews for Aldolase A/B/C Antibody – MCA-E9
299.00$ – 1,597.00$ CAD